Cape Point Tour
A Cape Point tour is the best way to explore the Cape Peninsula. From only R1300.00 per person this full day Cape Point tour offers some of the most spectacular scenery that Cape Town has to offer.
Our full day Cape Point tour picks up at most major hotels and guest houses in Cape Town and operates every day of the week. (Minimum of 2 people) We offer both a scheduled Cape Point tour and private tour’s that would cater for larger groups, families and photographers, who are our speciality.
If you would like to design a private day tour or multi day tour that focusses on your own personal interests please contact us directly. To explore John Finch Travel’s latest content and to find travel inspiration check out our Instagram page.
Cape Point Tour Itinerary
- Early morning pick up in Cape Town surrounds.
- Our day trip takes us down the Atlantic coast line past the sea side towns of Clifton, Camps Bay and Llandudno towards the small fishing village of Hout Bay.
- We make a stop at Hout Bay were we have the chance to take an optional seal boat cruise to Duiker Island to view the thousands of Cape Fur seals who inhabit the area. (Not Included In Price, to own account)
- Leaving Hout Bay we travel via Chapman’s Peak drive, rated as one of the most scenic drives in the world. This 9Km drive offers 114 curves, breathtaking vistas and the chance to sometimes see marine life including whales and dolphins before we make our way down the peninsula to the Cape of Good Hope National Park.
- Visit the Cape of Good Hope, the most South westerly tip of the African continent and learn about the fascinating history of Cape Point and the early Portuguese explorers who named the area, The Cape of Storms. The Cape of Good Hope National Park is home to over 1500 species of plants, 250 species of birds and animals such as the Chacma baboons, Cape Mountain Zebra, Bontebok and South Africa’s largest antelope, the Eland.
- Enjoy stunning coastal views along the False Bay coastline as we make our way to the African Penguins at Boulders Beach, Simons Town. Boulders beach is home to over 3000 African Penguins and is the perfect place to photograph these ultra cute birds. Learn more about the African Penguins here. Simons Town is home to the South African navy and is rich in naval history and also notable for its Victorian style architecture. Note – The entrance fee to Boulders Beach is NOT included in the price of this tour.
- Enjoy a light lunch (included) before we drive via Muizenberg. Muizenberg is home to surfing in South Africa and also home to the oldest surf shop, The Corner Surf Shop. This beautiful stretch of beach attracts both swimmers and surfers from all over Cape Town. Our final stop on our Full Day Cape Point Day Tour is the world famous Kirstenbosch gardens. Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden is one of the great botanical gardens of the world and you will get a chance to explore and enjoy the sheer grandeur of these lush gardens. Note – The entrance fee to Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens is NOT included in the price.
- After a full day exploring the wonders of the Cape Peninsula we finally return to Cape Town and commence with our hotel drop offs.
Whats Included On Tour
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- Professional registered tour guide
- Air conditioned vehicle with all applicable insurances in place
- COVID cleaned
- Light Lunch
- Entrance fee to Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve
Whats Not Included On Tour
- Entrance fee for Penguins at Boulders Beach and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
- Guides Tip
- You may cancel 48 hours before departure for a full refund