Where Is Chobe Marina Lodge Located?
The four star aha Chobe Marina Lodge is located on the banks of the famous Chobe river in the town of Kasane. Kasane is in the north eastern part of Botswana. The Chobe Marina lodge is uniquely located close to where 4 countries meet, namely Botswana, Namibia that you can see across the river from the hotel, Zambia and Zimbabwe that can be easily accessed via road transfers. Kasane International Airport is a 10 minute drive from the hotel.
COVID 19 Requirements
- Mandatory temperature checks will be carried out on arrival at the hotel
- Any guests running a temperature of more than 37°C will be required to do a second check
- Guests not wearing a mask will be provided with one
- All guest luggage will be sanitised and disinfected on arrival at the hotel
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for guests
- Guests arriving from restricted countries or regions must please ensure that all the necessary information is provided before check-in or at the time of making the reservation. Please contact the hotel directly for the latest COVID 19 updates or check the Botswana Government website.
Chobe Marina Lodge Activities
- Game drives at the world famous Chobe National Park, a short drive from the hotel.
- Sunset boat cruises and game viewing from hotels private jetty
- Land and boat based game viewing and bird watching
- Specialised photographic tours
- Tiger Fishing
- Day trips to visit Victoria Falls in either Zimbabwe or Zambia
- White River rafting on the grade 5 Zambezi River
- Day trip to bungee jump from the Victoria Falls Bridge
- Spa on site at hotel
- Conferencing facilities
The Chobe Marina Lodge offers four room types.
- Standard Double room
- Studio rooms
- Honeymoon Suite
All the rooms have mosquito nets over the bed to enhance the safari feeling while also keeping any bugs away from you at night. All rooms come standard with air conditioner, tv, coffee and tea stations, ample charging facilities for your camera, phone and other gadgets. A safe is provided in the room to lock your valuables. The mini bar fridge that can be stocked on request. All rooms offer a walk in shower and ample amenities.
The Mokoros Restaurant’s menu includes full English and continental breakfasts, buffet style lunches and light meals and dinner. This restaurant can get very busy with day visitors who visit Chobe National Park.
The Commissioner’s Restaurant on the first floor provides a more intimate dinner dining experience with beautiful views across the Chobe River. Dress code is smart casual.
Poolside bar open for drinks around the swimming pool and light lunches.
Riverside bar on the banks of the Chobe offers great cocktails and is the perfect place to watch the sunset from.
The Chobe Marina Lodge is right on the banks of the Chobe river and this means your hotel rooms windows and doors need to be kept closed at all times. You DO NOT want mosquitos and vervet monkeys coming into your room.
When you are walking in the grounds of the property keep your eyes open for warthogs who are quite friendly. I have also seen Nile Crocodiles on the property and you need to stay well clear of them.
The free WiFi at the hotel is slow and annoying and best in the reception area if you want to keep your social media up to date, although this is the prefect place to disconnect and relax and unwind and forget about the world.
At night when you are dining it is very advisable to wear long pants and long sleeves and bug repellant as the bugs are attracted to the lights.
All prices are in Pula, the official currency of Botswana. You can settle all charges in either local currency or use your credit cards and earn miles and points.
Chobe Marina Lodge is centrally located in the town of Kasane. You can safely explore the surrounding area outside the hotel grounds. There are a wide variety of shops within close walking distance ranging from traditional arts and crafts to a supermarket and a pharmacy and various banks and a few fast food outlets and a gas station if you need to refuel your vehicle. Keep an eye out for the Warthogs roaming around the streets.
If you are flying into Kasane Airport, the hotel offers a paid for shuttle service to and from the airport. The drive is about ten minutes depending on the traffic and the elephants that sometimes block the road.
If you are looking for a clean modern hotel with friendly and helpful staff then the Chobe Marina Lodge is a great option. I have personally stayed at this hotel many times and have never left the hotel disappointed and would recommend this hotel.